Virtual Private Networks or more commonly known as VPN is widely used on various devices. It is frequently used for laptops or more mobile devices such as phones or tablets. Before you start installing a VPN andriod application make sure that you have a subscription to a VPN provider. Why not try FrootVPN? It is a very fast vpn.
PPTP Installation Guide
Here are six easy steps on installing your Android VPN if you are a PPTP VPN client.
- Go to the menu of your android phone and tap on the settings icon.
- In the settings menu under the Wireless & Networks and tap on more
- Choose VPN
- Then you choose the Add VPN profile option and set up your account
- This is the part where you edit your VPN account. Make sure that you enter PPTP as your VPN type and type in your server address. If you are using FrootVPN you can input this: se.vpn.frootvpn.com
- Now you can connect to your Android VPN
When using a layer 2 tunneling protocol when you VPN android application here are the steps to do so.
- Go to the setting of your phone
- Under the wireless & networks go to more
- Once you are in wireless & networks choose VPN
- Setup your VPN profile
- Edit your Android VPN profile. Enter L2TP as the type of VPN and enter a server address. If you are using FrootVPN you can input this: se.vpn.frootvpn.com
- Enter the pre-shared key
- Put in your credentials and log in to the VPN server
OpenVPN Installation Guide
Here’s the guide on how to use OpenVPN for your android phone
- First you have to download OpenVPN Connect app for android to your android devices.
- Download the configuration files of the VPN that you use.
- Open the OPENVPN Connect app on your device, tap More, and select Import. Import the files from the folder on your device which they are saved to (it is usually found at /downloads), and select the configuration file.
- Enter the your username and password for your VPN provider, and SAVE to store this information for future connections. Tap OK to allow the app permission to monitor your network traffic.
- Click continue, and connect to the server of your choice.
If you are looking for an Android VPN you should try and check out FrootVPN. It is a fast and secure VPN that will let you connect to up to five devices. It is the best vpn for tablet and other various mobile devices.
Now that you have your subscription to a VPN, this article will help you setup your Android VPN. It will include installation for PPTP, L2TP, and OpenVPN.