Enhancing the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine natural or organic search result is search engine optimization all about. It targets different kinds of search results such as image search, academic search, news search, local search and industry oriented vertical search. The role of the SEO specialist is to accomplish the website optimization task including, various modifications and testing which, involves contents and HTML editing to add relevant specific keywords and to remove barriers associated from the down the results of a web page. Now, let us talk about Virtual Private Network or popularly known as VPNs.
The search results are based on every user location. So let’s say you are searching for a mall in Canada, but you have to be there to get the best results that you can have. Proxies and VPNs are the things that SEO specialists use to check their site’s rankings without having too much effort on traveling for their client’s location.
What is the difference between proxies and VPNs?
While both proxies and VPNs have the capability to reroute your Internet traffic and hide your IP address, they still have differences. Proxies are known to be web filters that are applied to your Internet browsers. When browsing, the job of a proxy is to reroute your IP to accrue different geographic locations according to your server’s security and speed. VPNs encrypt your data traffic while replacing your IP address with another one provided by your VPN server. VPNs are more suitable for SEO compared to proxies because they can access different restricted contents while keeping their sensitive information protected.
What are the Benefits of VPNs for SEO Specialists?
- Ease change of IP address. Once you’re connected to a VPN service with your chosen server location, you do not have to do anything technical because it automatically replaces your current IP address to a new one provided by your chosen VPN server location. If you are curious if why should you hide your IP address with a VPN, you can check out these 5 reasons why.
- Cost Efficiency. With different packages that VPN service providers can offer, the SEO specialist can choose the perfect subscription package for his/her use. There are many affordable yet reliable VPN service providers out there and our favorite is FrootVPN which has the lowest monthly prices that start for as low as $2.99.
- Online Anonymity. VPNs are used to provide anonymous browsing without letting other people track your IP address and everything that you do online. It is more convenient and rests assured that your personal information and sensitive data is always safe.
- Work remotely with VPNs. It can also allow SEO specialists to work whenever and wherever they are, even though they are not in their offices. It can improve flexibility and productivity for people who wants to go out or work even in the comfort of their home.
- Unblock websites and bypass filters. Working on a project which is in need to gather data and information from different countries can be quite difficult for SEO specialists, especially that they need to face Geo-restricted content. With the use of VPN service, it can let SEO specialist access websites and view the contents with filters even with Geo-restrictions from a certain country.
- Improvement of Online security. Like what I’ve said, VPNs are more convenient to use compared to proxies because your data in always encrypted, which means a higher level of security is being provided.